Excessive CPU resource usage is usually caused by:
- Inefficient third party add-ons (themes, plugins)
- Outdated code
- Misconfigurations (PHP/configuration settings)
The following suggestions are possible solutions for optimizing your CPU resource usage. While these suggestions are intended to help reduce the amount of resources consumed by your website, they are not guaranteed to resolve resource usage issues.
As always, it is recommended that you create a backup
before making any changes or adjustments to your website.
Optimize Your Scripts
If you are utilizing a CMS or script, you may simply need to perform some simple optimization steps.
Pro tip: If your particular CMS or script is not listed above, you may want to try using a search engine query such as [CMS Name Here] Optimization or [CMS Name Here] caching to find more specific assistance.
Additional Optimization Tips
Some additional steps you can take to avoid CPU resource usage issues include:
- Generating a flat HTML page for popular content
- Enabling caching which is available through many popular scripts
- Disabling high CPU usage features such as searches or Ajax refreshes